Hai Duong carrots have a wide way to go in the international market.

Posted on: 31/10/2022
Hai Duong carrots have a wide way to go in the international market.


Carrot (also known as: Daucus carota) is a root vegetable that is regarded as the ideal food for health. Carrots are full of nutrients and have a delicious crunch: antioxidants, fiber, vitamin K, potassium, and beta carotene

              Nature has blessed Hai Duong with a suitable climate and excellent soil conditions. There are several main agricultural product groupings, and Hai Duong carrot plants, in particular, are concentratedly produced on a huge scale using modern technology, generating straight fields of flying storks. Hai Duong carrots have a distinct crunchiness and sweetness that distinguishes them from other carrots.

              The yearly planting area is around 1.600ha, with an annual production of over 80.000 tons manufactured in accordance with safety standards (Vietgap, GlobalGap) for internal consumption and export. 80% of Hai Duong carrot output is processed and cold-preserved before being sold to Korea, Japan, Europe, Malaysia, Singapore, the Middle East, and other countries; the other 20% is eaten locally in the form of fresh tubers and water. Spices such as crushed, jam, and dried carrots are given to firms that make instant noodles, instant oatmeal, and so on.



            The main planting season runs from early September to early October each year, while the harvest season is from January to March. Hai Duong carrots now completely fulfill export criteria, especially those of the most discerning countries. At the end of October, after nearly two months after planting, the carrot plants are developing uniformly and have begun to sprout a little tuber.

           (Carrot photo after 2 months growth)

              Furthermore, the carrot field in Hai Duong draws a large number of visitors and check-ín. People take great care of the field, constructing a straight row that is incredibly eye-catching, offering ideal conditions for a virtual portrait. The combination of the beautiful blue sky and the characteristic green color of the fields produces a natural backdrop with prominent rural traits. On February 15, 2022, the Hai Duong Provincial People’s Committee solemnly arranged the “Carrot Harvest Festival” to promote quality and brand. 



          It can be observed that Hai Duong carrots have the potential to reach the rest of the world. To do this, it is vital to continually innovate, to not be satisfied with what has been accomplished, to view agriculture as a way of life, and rural regions as the future. Prioritize product quality above production. From there, the new countryside’s objective is hopeful, happy farmers, wealthy agriculture,…

Post related